Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Oklahoma allow concealed carrying of firearms?
- Yes it does. However several restrictions apply. Check out the links section of this website to find the State's official website with information regarding the concealed carrying of firearms.
- What is bankruptcy?
- According to the US Federal Court System, bankruptcy laws help people who can no longer pay their creditors get a fresh start â€“ by liquidating assets to pay their debts or by creating a repayment plan. Bankruptcy laws also protect troubled businesses and provide for orderly distributions to business creditors through reorganization or liquidation.
Most cases are filed under the three main chapters of the Bankruptcy Code â€“ Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 13. Federal courts have exclusive jurisdiction over bankruptcy cases. This means that a bankruptcy case cannot be filed in a state court.
A bankruptcy cannot be handled by the Bryan County District Court in Durant. The federal court system which Bryan County is a part of is located in Muskogee, OK.
- How long does a power of attorney last?
- In accordance with Title 58 Oklahoma Statutes Section 1075, when the principal person dies, then the power of attorney they granted in a person is terminated. The principal can also revoke their power of attorney at any time they so choose.
- Can you expunge my criminal record?
- Most criminal records can be expunged. The main factors to consider are:
1. Was it a misdemeanor or a felony?
2. If it was a felony was it violent or non-violent.
3. What was the final outcome of your case, (deferred sentence, suspended sentence, or prison time)
4. How many other criminal charges have you had in the past?
5. Do you have any current criminal charges pending or are you currently serving a probationary period for any charges?
The first thing I would recommend is looking at the statute.
Title 22 Section 18.
If you think you qualify contact us. Mickle Law Offices does not do much criminal work, but will be able to assist you in helping you get a clean slate and move forward with you life.